May!

 I've become truly lousy about blogging,


but I am getting some crafting done.  Two new fabric & rope bowls are done and in the gift bin, but much of my crafting time has been taken up by...
a new piano!!! My old piano had been my grandmother's and never had great action to begin with, and then shortly after we moved to this house, it was ruined by a water leak and was essentially unplayable and unfixable.  I have a digital piano, but it's just not the same.  I fell in love with the Essex upright pianos while I worked at the music store, and my mother had always wanted a really nice piano, so we went to piano shopping together and both picked out an Essex.  I love it!  Charlie isn't as sure.



On the one hand, it's something new to climb on.  On the other hand, I think she sees it as a rival for attention and walking across the keys isn't as much fun as laying on fabric when I sew or laying on the computer when I worked from home.  And I won't let her help with knitting,
so she's feeling pretty abandoned right now.  Most of her life, Andy and I both worked from home and she sees nothing good about us leaving the house.  Ever.

 Spring has arrived--sort of.  It snowed and froze on Monday, but luckily all I have right now are bulbs and annuals coming up,



but it has been a cold spring.  As I'm now doing marketing for a local heating & air conditioning company, that makes work just as interesting as yardwork.  It's giving me time to fix some problems with ads not getting changed (for 2 years and listing both incorrect pricing and advertising our former line of equipment), website issues (too many to list), and I've been given 5 direct-reports, so there's lots to do even in our slow season. 

Hope everything is going well in your part of the world!  Happy crafting!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ostrich Plume Scarf

Prabook.org - Identity Theft R Us

The Great Knit Picks Fiasco