Really, if one disappears off the face of Blogland, one would hope it was because one has run off to Tahiti for the week. But alas, the real recap:
* The horrible neighbors' fireworks marathon frightened Theo enough that he got stressed and couldn't pee again, earning him ANOTHER trip to the vet and another pain shot last Saturday
* Theo ended up with a BONUS trip to the vet on Monday because even while on the pain medication, he couldn't pee, so we are all now thoroughly NOT enjoying the joys of giving antibiotics for a urinary tract infection. Luckily, after the broken leg saga, I'm pretty quick with liquid meds
* The stress has aggravated my back, which has led to a few full days of Valium
* I spoke with my doctor this week, and we decided that the small doses of Valium I take ( a quarter of a pill once or twice a day and half at night MAXIMUM) are probably pretty safe, so he renewed my prescription, trying for 90 pills per refill so I didn't have to go in every month.
* Insurance companies, which have far more say about American medical treatment than doctors do, feel pretty free to give doctors the raspberry whenever they choose. My prescription might BE for 90 tablets, but what insurance decides I get are 30 pills, with 3.67 refills remaining.
* Dealing with insurance companies aggravates my stress level enough that there was a day of one and a quarter pill. (did I mention the original prescription allowed 1-2 pills per dose?)
* This was not a day to knit, and luckily even I recognized that
* There has been sewing,