Monday, August 10, 2020

Done!

Work is crazy-busy, but I did get a break yesterday and was able to finish a shirt I've been working on for me
 I'm really excited about this one, because it's the first time I've done more for a shirt than embroider a pocket.  My old machine just made too many mistakes to risk more, but since I had extra fabric in case I had issues, I decided to add embroidery to the yoke and the cuffs:

I know it's customary for the embroidery to be right-side up on the cuffs, but then my hummingbirds would be upside down to ME, so I decided as I would be the one seeing them most and it's MY shirt, they're upside down so they're right side up when I view the cuffs.  AND THE EMBROIDERY TURNED OUT PERFECTLY!!!  I'm so excited.  If it weren't crazy-hot, I'd wear this shirt today.

I'm also making the same shirt for Andy, with just a bit of approved embroidery on the pocket.  I staggered the shirt steps just a bit between the two sizes so I wouldn't sew the wrong yoke or pocket or something, so I'm closing in on Finished Project number 30.  I'm taking a few days off to make the Labor Day weekend a bit longer, so I hope to get some serious crafting done then.  4 1/2 months and 20 projects to go!