Ideally, I'd say "use up 100 yards of fabric," but in case it has escaped your notice, the only year I have managed to do that was when it wasn't a goal. So, it ISN'T a goal this year. Nope, not at all. Totally Not A Goal. But if I do manage to use up that much fabric as a pure, unrelated coincidence, that would be really, really great.
Aside from finishing 100 projects and the usual "read or listen to 100 books," I didn't do very well on my goals this year. I did 3 threads on the never-ending cross stitch project instead of 12, none at all on the needlework project, finished 1 sewing WIP instead of 3, finished 1 knitting WIP instead of 3, and unless I manage the sewing day of all sewing days today, am going to have used up about 56 yards of fabric for the year. I'll have also knit about 55 balls of yarn, so I'm kind of consistent there. I do have a new chemo cap on the needles,
However, it is time for crazy new goals for 2015:
- Finish 115 projects WITHOUT counting any lace embroidery ornaments unless they are the applique ones (those are much harder and take far more involvement than the other ones). Ideally, not having them to fall back on will force me to finish some of my WIPs and will mean I'm doing projects which are taking up space in the sewing room :)
- Paint 2 ornaments
- Try a bargello quilting project
- Try a braided quilting project
- Try a stained glass quilting project
- Make a shoulder bag
- Make 3 colorwork ornaments
- Finish 3 ornaments from the ornament kits, the latest of which arrived on Christmas Eve:
I will soon be getting back on my sheep and trying for the TWO and THREE year badges, but I'm holding off for a bit. If I'm not going to buy yarn for three years, there are a few things I'd like to add to my stash, but I've made a list of projects and thinking about it and making sure it isn't crazy and kind of savoring the moment.
Okay 2015. I'm ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!