Yesterday was Finishing Friday and I only had the binding left to do on the quilt, so my sidekick and I got up early and headed for the sewing room. Theo helped cut out the binding
I decided to do the binding as a single strip as I've only done that once before and thought it looked nice, but could use a bit more practice. Of course, I had to redo each corner once--having made a big whopper of a mistake--but finally I was ready to start hand stitching the binding to the back...
My little sidekick stayed with me for most of the stitching marathon, and last night we finally had a quilt!
Of course, now what I want to do is to jump right in and start another quilt. What I am going to do is start the April Project of the Month--
Total yards of yarn knit: 704.5 yards
Total yards of yarn RECEIVED: 880 yards
Total yards of yarn out of the stash in March: NEGATIVE 175.5 yards
Total skeins of yarn used in March: 2.5
Total skeins of yarn RECEIVED: 2
Total skeins of yarn out of the stash in March: 0.5
Total yards of fabric used: 5.575
Bringing our totals to:
Total yards of yarn: 3,374.5
Total skeins of yarn: 25.75
Total fabric yards: 16.155
And.........78 projects left to go by December 31. I'm thinking it's big needle time......