Wow, That Was Dismal

Yesterday was the last day of the "Race to the Bottom" challenge on Ravelry, which I helped moderate.  An 18-month challenge to potentially use up all one's stash (if possible) or an estimated 30,000.  Several people cleared out over 100,000 yards of yarn.  Me, I did an astounding 7,474.1 yards over a total of 18 months.  415 yards a month--that's just pathetic.  It did earn me the funniest badge ever,
The Dryer Lint Level participation badge! 

We'll be starting another 18-month challenge on May 1, and at least I'll have nowhere to go but up.

Comments

RobinH said…
Okay, let's try a little math. 100,000 yards, if you had it in 200 yard skeins would be 500 skeins of yarn. Or, more than one skein per day. Now. I *might* be able to do that if I were retired, immobilized, *and* had been imprisoned in a cell with yarn and no books. But that's pretty hard core. And that doesn't count sewing progress. Plus you were employed for some of that time. Really 415 yards a month isn't so bad. You just have to keep at it.
Kathleen C. said…
Your stash was not built in a day... or even in 18 months... Just keep on keeping on and you'll get there! Although, I rather like the dryer lint sheep...
Anita said…
Love it! Just think, 400+ yards a month for 18 months is a lot of yarn to have been put into wearable garments!
Anita
Meredith said…
Who wants to win when they can get this cool badge instead!

Popular posts from this blog

Ostrich Plume Scarf

I Used The Glue Gun Without Burning Myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prabook.org - Identity Theft R Us