A Snag, But A Good Snag

While I continue to make great strides with ornaments with 3 new mittens for the Holiday music dash,
 and two new french horn ornaments,
you might have noticed a spectacular lack of progress on my WIP-marathon.  I have actually been working on my WIPs, but most are still a very, very long way from completion.  I just turned the heel of Andy's second sock today, so I have high hopes for a finished WIP by the end of the month, but the project has reached a snag:
Our oldest niece just got engaged, and I bought this yarn last year "just in case" I would have need to make an engagement shawl.  In general, I'm not a big fan in marriage under the age of 25-28, but they've been together for 3 years and were friends before that and everyone really likes her fiance, so it's a good snag. Andy will make wooden wine goblets for their actual wedding gift, but I thought a lace shawl would make a great shower gift and be something special.  And mercifully the pattern is on size 7 needles, so the odds are fairly high I can get it done on time.  I haven't cast on just yet as I want to see if I can get the socks finished first--and maybe even a few more ornaments--but I'm not going to break my WIP-record this time around.  Maybe next year when I need 100 finished projects........................?

And I have to share this with you.  As you know, when my buying ban was up I placed an order with Nancy's Notions for a few things I'd had my eye on.  I've put them all away for right now and will dig them out when I get that "I-want-something-new" urge, but one item was on back order and just arrived:
Colored tailor's chalk--but "for professional use" only.  Really?  With all the sharp, pointy objects I am turned loose with in the sewing room and colored chalk is for professionals?  I shall try to be quite serious and professional when using it, I guess....................

Comments

Meredith said…
Well done on the ornaments, you are on a roll. Good news about turning the heel and lovely news about your niece. The shawl is going to be gorgeous in that yarn.

Hugs,
Meredith

Popular posts from this blog

Ostrich Plume Scarf

I Used The Glue Gun Without Burning Myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prabook.org - Identity Theft R Us