16 And 17!!!!!

Yesterday afternoon I got an idea for Christmas coasters.  So, digging out some Christmas material & some white felt, I stuck them together with quilting basting spray to make them easier to cut out as a set
--as well as using a feline weight just in case--
I cut out four and a half inch squares from the layers

then drew chalk lines 2 1/4-inches from the edges.
Then, cutting 4 1/2-inch pieces of 1/4-inch ribbon, I sewed them over the lines for the present's ribbons,
then stitched 1/4-inch from the edge, clipped the edges with pinking sheers, and added a bow in thinner ribbon, and....
Christmas present coasters!  I made two sets of 6, which I think will be really cute in a bag with some hot tea or coffee. And after this first one, I even managed to make them all so that the snowmen are right-side up.  I'm quick that way....:)

Cowl?  What cowl?

Comments

agilitygrrls said…
Those are really cute and a great idea; I think I'll be following in your footsteps.
Janet said…
Neat idea. They are quite cute. Just an idea, since you used a narrow ribbon, if you have a twin needle in say a 4.0 for your machine, you can stitch the present ribbon on both edges of the ribbon at the same time! A great time saver!
RobinH said…
Very cute! But hey, the cowl is on your FO list! Are you holding out on us?

Popular posts from this blog

Ostrich Plume Scarf

Prabook.org - Identity Theft R Us

The Great Knit Picks Fiasco