Okay, Nine Towels

Somehow I miscounted (which could explain some gauge issues), and I actually have 9 embroidered towels--not ten. Oh well. I have plenty more blank towels and nine is still a respectable amount. After washing out the stabilizer:There are some duplicates, so I didn't photograph all 9, but I'm generally pleased with the results. In the future I think I'd center better so the words aren't on the color stripes, and I'd do a different color thread on the green towel, but I'm learning. I've had my sewing/embroidery machine for 3 years now, and am just starting to get comfortable with the embroidery part. The instruction book made it QUITE complicated, and to be honest I've eliminated a few steps because they made it so difficult I would never had embroidered anything if I followed their advice. Now, if I ever endeavor to do embroidered buttonholes on anything, I will dig out their fussy instructions and follow them to the letter, but as I have only recently stopped loathing doing normal buttonholes, I don't see it happening in the near future.

In knitting news, the August scarf is doneand awaiting the weaving in of ends & a little blocking, and even better, I have resisted the urge to cast on something new and did several rows on the yoke sweaterwhile enjoying some sunshine with my little sidekickthough I just don't appreciate tummy rubs like he does.

Comments

toni in florida said…
What?! Only nine? AND a finished scarf? AND progress on another project? Is that ALL??

Yikes, watching your productivity makes me think I'm gonna have to start (or join, more likely) a chapter of Slackers-r-Us. Sigh.
stitchin' girl said…
ha, ha, I am laughing at Toni's remarks - I was thinking something along those same lines!! I really like your towels. The scarf is really pretty - you are so jamming on you WIP's it puts me to shame :o)
RobinH said…
Okay, I was so distracted by the shiny embroidery and the cute cat, I completely missed the knitting content. Very unlike me!

The scarf looks terrific! And the yoke sweater is very pretty- is this the first piece? It looks like it's going to be a front-and-back with raglan sleeves, as opposed to being in the round?

I'm swatching for a new sweater, but at the rate I'm going, the swatch will take approximately seventeen times as long as the sweater. Bah, swatches!

Popular posts from this blog

Ostrich Plume Scarf

Prabook.org - Identity Theft R Us

The Great Knit Picks Fiasco