5 Months - 50 Balls

The good news is, my stash progress makes math really easy. The bad news is, I had hoped for more progress by now. Of course, considering I have even slightly less yarn than I started out the year with is huge progress for me--not to mention a real first.

Today I finished THE PROJECT OF MISTAKES. Seriously, if there is a mistake that can be made on a quilt, it's on here.
The blocks are done backwards, so the cool intertwining circle motif doesn't exist, I decided I didn't want to have to bind the quilt, so I sewed the edges together much as one would sew a pillow together, which in turn made it impossible to lay out flat to quilt. I tried out some machine embroidery in the center of the circles, not noticing until too late that some of the embroidery designs were set as squares & some are on point like a diamond. I started this thing about 4 years ago & all the mistakes had banished it to the Project Time-Out Bin ever since. I have occasionally taken it out, made some progress, made more mistakes & threw it back into the bin in disgust. Today it is done--complete with edging problems. But it is done & in the washing machine. All it needs now are the colors to bleed into the yellow & it will be a complete & total disaster.

And Theo utterly loves it .
I guess even the ugliest project can have a fan.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I think you should love it BECAUSE of its faults. Think how much you learned about quiltmaking. And that takes how many yards out of the stash??

PLUS, I think it's adorable. So there.
Anonymous said…
It's a delightful quilt! I really like it, and I see no faults whatsoever, because I have no preconceptions of what it's "supposed" to look like. I just plain like it.
RobinH said…
All the blocks being backward is a design choice. *One* block being backward is a mistake.

I'm with Theo and Alison :).
Jillsknit said…
Does anything else really matter except to make our kitties happy!
Theo appears to be deep in happy kitty dreams.

Popular posts from this blog

Ostrich Plume Scarf

Prabook.org - Identity Theft R Us

The Great Knit Picks Fiasco