4 Yards and 5 Skeins Down!

This is where we started 6 days ago:


There's actually even more to the stash, but I think you get the idea without me embarrassing myself too much. While even at my most optimistic/delusional, I can't pretend that I'll get through the stash in a year, but I am hoping to make a serious dent in it by the end of the year.

Check up:
Today is Day 6 and I am just finishing a set of flannel-backed satin pajamas for my husband (for some reason he's really keen on this set having both tops AND bottoms--perhaps it has something to do with the fact that I keep the heat so low during the night that I keep expecting to find frost inside the house one morning) which used up 4 yards of the stash, and I have used just over 5 skeins of yarn in the pink cardigan:


I'm using this yarn
which is soft & fun to work with, but so far every single skein has had a poorly-done splice in it, which I keep having to cut out & redo, so I wouldn't recommend this one or ever use it again. If I want a bad splice I can do it myself. These people make yarn for a living--they should be able to splice yarns without looking like they used a blender for the project.

Theo is really getting into sewing:

It's much cuter than when he tries to help with knitting.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You don't want to see my stash...or maybe I should say, I don't want to admit to it all. I call it my yarn library; I enjoy being able to let inspiration hit and just cast on and go at 11 pm if that's what needs to happen.

Popular posts from this blog

Ostrich Plume Scarf

Prabook.org - Identity Theft R Us

The Great Knit Picks Fiasco