It's been a really busy week, so there has been little time for crafting and even less time for blogging, but I am taking today off and Theo and I are embroidering napkins:
The pajamas did get finished,
I found some poplin in the stash that will make a great gardening dress (the floral view). I have this dress in two different cotton prints, but the poplin is just a bit sturdier and will hold up a bit better. Because it's loose and has pockets, it's just the perfect summer gardening ensemble. Or would be if I could figure out a way to get the dirt out of the pockets before washing it. We've added sand into our soil to balance the heavy clay soil of the area, and grains of sand hold up remarkably well to the washer and dryer.
Admittedly, I had forgotten about this fabric's existence, which is one of the problems of having a large stash, though I did know I had the sort of poplin I wanted in some color. And the cool thing about having a large stash is that I really LIKE this fabric, so it was a fun surprise. It's left over from this: