* Every group has its sadists. In the knitting world, we call them "designers."
* There is no cat so old or so lazy that it won't unravel your lace knitting as soon as your back is turned.
* Knitting probably isn't the answer to every problem, no matter how much I think it must be.
* It's wrong to think badly of friends who choose to live in warm climates where knitted woolly items are completely useless.
* Next time I'm feeling just a little too cocky about my knitting, I will pull out that darned ribbed yoke pullover again.
* Learning to laugh about knitting is probably much healthier than shoving a problem sweater into the blender.....and less damaging to appliances.
* Being allergic to animals is probably actually a good thing. It's the only thing keeping me from trying to keep an alpaca in the back yard.
* If you want your obsession with knitting to seem "normal," convert others.
* I will never be able to knit as fast as I think I can knit.
* I shall try not to discriminate. There really, truly are people with wool allergies, and it would be wrong to call them "wackos" or "anti-sheepists."
* Next time I feel like knitting takes forever, I will spend some time hand-sewing the binding onto the back of a quilt.