Friday, June 2, 2017

One Down!

I accepted a job yesterday and start Monday!!!!!!!!!!! 

In all of the interviews I've done, this was the first one for sales that was really done by someone who knew the job and knew outside sales, so THIS time it was as much about recruiting me as interviewing me, it's back in the IT field, which is basically where my sales experience has been, and I really like the people, so I'm excited.  It's amazing how much easier things are WITHOUT recruiters.  No boards, no fund-raising events and NO travel!!!!!!!!!!!!  And you guys will understand when I tell you that the thought, "I'll have somewhere to wear all my me-mades!" went through my mind last night.  If a job isn't just so one can afford yarn, then it's certainly a place to show off the yarny things one has made, right? 

We have another showing today, so I'm tidying this morning.  Our realtor came by last night with an offer he'd received on the house that was so outlandish that he had brought a counter-offer form ready to go.  I know everyone tries to get the best deal they can, but when an offer is so low that it's guaranteed to be rejected by anyone NOT facing bankruptcy, what is the point?  A little time is actually a good thing now, though I'm really relieved we moved the open house from this weekend, I AM all for next weekend.  With a new job to learn, I'm okay if it takes a while to sell the house.  It gives me time to be able to save more money for a new house.  And furnish it..........

So, not much crafting, though I'm hoping for some later today after the showing.  The jacket is getting much closer to being done and now, of course, I want to cast on 50 new scarves for my new job as it's been a nippy 90+ degrees here this week.  Realism is not for knitters.  :)


6 comments:

bittenbyknittin said...

Congrats! and good luck!

Anita Palmer said...

Woo goo.....congrats!

Molly Morgan said...

Congratulations!

Mereknits said...

Toni, I am so excited for you. You and my son start on the same day! Hooray for you!!!!!

handmade by amalia said...

I'm so happy for you! Good luck! I'm sure you'll be brilliant at it.
Amalia
xo

Anita Palmer said...

Miss your posts! What's happening with the new job and the house?
Anita