Monday, April 17, 2017

The Pod People Are Coming!

Our pod is filled and the Pod people will be out to pick it up this afternoon.  They'll store it in climate-controlled storage until we're ready for it again, then they'll bring it to our new location and we reverse the whole process.  Whew!

During all this, of course, I'm still searching for a job because getting our house ready to sell just isn't ENOUGH fun by itself.  I can't remember where we left off with the charity recruiter saga, but as I have an update, let's recap:

  •  National charity #1:   Kept setting appointments either without confirming times with the other parties, or which the other people completely disregarded anyway
  • National charity #2:  Assured me in no uncertain terms that the particular position we were discussing required NO fundraising of any kind--which I found out to be untrue in the in-person interview, right after I said I was tired of fundraising
  • And last week's cake-taker, national charity #3:  Called on Thursday to set an appointment for a phone screen the following day, then completely blew off the interview with no follow-up at all.  
That's correct--no follow up at ALL, even though she clearly had my email and phone number, and I actually called back on the number she called me at to leave a voicemail message finally.  But no response at all, and as the recruiter is on the east coast, it isn't like they haven't been open for several hours already.  Now I remember why I left working for national charities AND generally don't give them money. 

I had an in-person interview last week with a company I liked, but for a job that would have probably bored me to tears and been a nightmare for my hip, and while I was a bit shocked when they didn't invite me back for a second interview, I could understand completely and think it's for the best.  While part of me is just wanting to find A job, the more intelligent part of me is holding out for a job I really want--or at least could enjoy.  And not having to go through an inept recruiter would be a HUGE bonus...........:)

3 comments:

kayT said...

Job hunting has gotten worse than ever in the past few years. Ugh. So just remember, you do have a job; it's the job search. And like any job, it is not fun. In fact, it's exactly like having a job you hate with a terrible boss. So bear that in mind, and treat yourself nicely because you have an awful job! (BTW, good luck!)

Anita Palmer said...

Wishing you positive vibe. It isn't fun nor as your have found a positive experience when basic courtesy is lacking.......sure taints all with those related. I'll keep you in my positive energy!
Anita

Amy at love made my home said...

Hope it all turns out well in the end! Thank you for the easter message by the way!