Monday, April 10, 2017

Not Quite In the Closet Yet

Two MONTHS after the interview process started with the American Red Cross, and two weeks since my "final" interview, I received the "we're not interested" form email from them today.  I thought I'd be disappointed, but dealing with them has been such an unprofessional mess that I'm not sure it isn't a relief.  ONE HOUR before one of the interviews that the recruiter had scheduled, I received an email from the person doing the interview that she'd scheduled my interview for 4 days later.  When I responded that the recruiter had actually scheduled it for THAT DAY, all the manager said was that she would let the recruiter know.  No "sorry for the confusion" or any acknowledgement at all that I might have rearranged my schedule to accommodate theirs or that this might be WILDLY unprofessional and rude--and the whole process was like that: times changing all the time, the recruiter and the manager obviously not communicating and just on and on.  One would think that a charity which needs donations would remember that everyone is a potential customer and should be treated accordingly, but they don't.  I think I dodged a bullet there.  What a mess. 

Speaking of mess,
we have yet another donation pile going.  The sweater on top is one I bought in college, and have pretty rarely worn because it's really kind of itchy, but I have kept it all this time.   No idea why.  Friday this was delivered,
and we're hoping to have it filled and taken away be next week if we're lucky.  It will be nice to have the boxes out of the house.  It's hard to tell if things are looking "spacious" yet as there are boxes everywhere. 

I haven't forgotten Me Made Mondays.  I wore these vivid beauties last week,
and today I'm wearing

which is basically a big mess that only works as a sweater because I made the neckband tight enough to hold a knitted sack up.  Yeah--it's from before my days of checking gauge, but it's a fun sweater to wear around the house--frankly, it's almost as big.  :)

2 comments:

bittenbyknittin said...

I just got rid of some books I have not even looked at since HIGH SCHOOL (I graduated in 1970!) Whatever sentimental value they held before has evaporated. I also Marie Kondo'd the yarn stash. Even though I have not lost any weight, I feel lighter. Good luck with the job hunt - the right job is out there!

Amy at love made my home said...

Sorry to hear you have been so messed around in your job search, it is so sad that even a charity no longer has any courtesy!