Sunday, January 8, 2017

The Sunday Storm

This morning our "togetherness" activity was to remove the snow from the roof of the patio, because while we're pretty confident about the rest of the roof holding, the patio was questionable since freezing rain is predicted for today.  This is our backyard today:


That's easily 2 feet of snow on the ground, and heavy rain just started.  The storm drains have been dug out, but so many of them are frozen over that when the rain melts this snow, there is going to be trouble.  We live at the top of a hill, so aside from the voles who built their tunnels at the bottom of the slope in our backyard about to be drown, we won't see much flooding, but things could get very ugly for the people at the bottom of the hill and in the valley.  Now they're saying this storm will be with us through Wednesday and we're still in a state of emergency. Ugh.

We cleared off as much ice as we could earlier, and with the rain now, we can finally take a break from storm "preparation" and I think I'm going to get to spend a little time sewing.   Fleece underwear, here I come!!

3 comments:

Mereknits said...

Stay safe my friend.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that you're doing alright! Continue to be safe and thank God for fleece right?!!! ;)

Nicky said...

I'm not sure why that comment came up as anon but it's me -- Nicky