Thursday, November 10, 2016

The Choice

I didn't post that picture yesterday to imply that our country is unified in any way.  We're definitely not, and I heard sentiments in this election that people 50 years ago would at least have hid under sheets to say.  But I wanted to let my friends know that whatever the color of your skin, whomever you have found to love, I am with you and I will fight for your equality. I will stand up to those who think it's okay to mock disabled people or to bully anyone.  We all have to decide who we are, and this is who I am.  And we will NEVER go back.  That's a promise.

3 comments:

Mereknits said...

I am with you, I am here to support everyone of every color, sex, sexual orientation, disability, disability, and anyone else who needs support. I am still so angry as many people are. This is a horrible mark on our history.

Kathleen C. said...

Thank you Toni. It's going to take some real courage though. There are already incidents happening of hateful comments, notes, and assaults on minority individuals. It's scary to stand up and speak against. Can we... can I do it? Oh, I sure hope so... I sure hope so.

Nicky said...

Thank you friend. I'm very afraid. For myself and for others. Still shell shocked at the results. Really struggling to know where to go and what to do.