Friday, October 28, 2016

My Friends--the "Anti-Enablers"

Carolyn made a good suggestion yesterday--I really should see if I can make it two years without buying any fabric.  I think I might just have enough fabric to make it....
You know--maybe.........

Meanwhile, I need 27.6 more yards of fabric used up before the end of the year, which is just over 2 months away, meaning this
was maybe not the best use of my crafting time today, since with the backing and binding it will probably use up one whole yard from the stash.  I thought about a 2-color border, but I think the simple one-color frame is best, don't you?

Now a smart person would perhaps view this as an opportune time to get back to the pile of WIPS, which is why it's surprising that I spent some time today cutting out strips
 for the border of this long-suffering quilt WIP:
(sorry it's a shot from the back).  It's a small quilt, but I can make it a bit bigger by border with a row of green, then one of green and print checkerboard, then another green.  I have a very limited amount of the print left with no chance of finding more, so there aren't a lot of options there.  I've never free-motion quilted something this big before, so this might not be ideal, either, but I can at least get it started.  It's the farthest-along quilt WIP, so it's the one to try if I'm going to do this. 

I think someone might be browsing sewing patterns tonight.............

2 comments:

Mereknits said...

IF you donated some fabric you would have room to buy some more.....just a thought.

Amy at love made my home said...

That would be a great achievement wouldn't it!