Tuesday, September 27, 2016

50!

Having FINALLY finished the socks I've been working on,
and the two floral jackets,
I've made my goal of 50 finished projects for the year!  Of course, I'm still quite a way from reaching any other goal--like 100-yards of fabric for the year--and Me Made Mondays took a bit of a hit recently, but I am back on track with this
for yesterday.  It's a crafting jacket I made years ago, and aside from the pockets being so far down the jacket that I can't reach all the way into them, this has been a pretty successful project.  I wear it a lot, which doesn't always happen with projects.

The big news is.....I quit my job and last Tuesday was my last day.  Ideally, I would have lined up another one before resigning, but my hours were so long, and with the frequency of the last-minute meetings scheduled in my personal time in the mornings, I wasn't able to do interviews.  This was the first weekend I'd had off in months, and since it happened to be our TENTH wedding anniversary (YAY!), Andy and I spent the weekend playing.  With different work schedules and different days off, we haven't done much together all summer, so we had a great time.  I paid for it yesterday as my back was really sore, but that gave me time to frog a project that wasn't going well, and start all over:
This time I've picked a pattern that others HAVE successfully made, so if I run into problems later, I'll at least know that they are user errors.  And I got gauge with size 11 needles, so I'm hoping to be able to finish this sweater before the year is out--wouldn't THAT be amazing!

Today I have resorted to taking a pain pill so I can be mobile, and have already gotten these prepped
and am hoping to attach the backing shortly.  Next year will be my turn for Christmas gifts again, so a little stockpiling will be a good thing. Or a lot of stockpiling, as I am trying to get to 100 yards of fabric for the year.........

5 comments:

RobinH said...

Good to see you back! Congrats on the 50 projects, and sympathies on the job and jobhunting. Been there, done that.

Gaidig said...

Happy anniversary!

Sorry your job didn't work out. Here's to success in your future endeavors.

Mereknits said...

Good for you quitting your job, I am proud of you for taking that step. Love what you have been creating. Take a few weeks to rest up before another job search if you can.
Hugs,
Meredith

Amy at love made my home said...

Sorry the job wasn't for you, but you need to do what is right for you. Great making in the meantime, love the socks! I hope you can keep going well to the end of the year. Happy Anniversary! xx

handmade by amalia said...

You are putting me to shame, 50 finished projects! Hope the job search goes equally well.
Amalia
xo