Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Me Made Tuesday

Originally, I was going to stick to Me Made Monday and wear the pink sewing jacket I made years ago from this,
but even inside with the air conditioning going, it was too hot.  Today, however, will only be in the 80s, so I decided it could be Me Made Tuesday and I'm wearing
 which is the second-oldest sweater I have, but as I only fixed it a few years ago so that the neckline was wearable, it looks new still.  Honestly, I love this sweater, and for making it in high school, aside from not weaving in any ends, I did a pretty decent job on it. 

Hope you all had a lovely holiday weekend.  I didn't spend as much time sewing as I thought I would, but we did a LOT of walking, got some flowers planted, I got some financial stuff taken care of, read a lot, stretched a lot, and relaxed.  I even made a bowl,
using the leftover fabric from the wine-themed spicy-spiral runner I made for us, and I love how it turned out.  I'm not sure if anyone can tell it's actually wine-themed, but I love it anyway.  So there might be a few more bowls coming up using scraps since this one turned out so well.  Of course, what I should be doing is sewing something appropriate to wear to work when the heat returns, but when have I ever planned ahead?

3 comments:

Amy at love made my home said...

Glad you had a good weekend!

Mereknits said...

LOve that sweater it is timeless, and that bowl is terrific!
Hugs,
Meredith

handmade by amalia said...

Thank you for the ketchup and mustard greeting card, Toni, it is adorable.
Amalia
xo