Monday, July 11, 2016

Me Made Mondays

While there are really only 52 weeks in a year, it is starting to feel like there are 115 Me Made Mondays.  It wasn't too bad in the spring and winter, but summer is only really getting going and it's already difficult.  It has a lot to do with my personality.  Generally, I start thinking about what I'm going to wear just about the time I have gotten out of the shower and am realizing that naked is probably NOT the theme to go with for the day.  But I have a dinner to go to tonight after work, so all weekend I've been trying to think of what to wear that is both appropriate for work and dressy enough for the dinner, and what possible me-made item could work with such a scenario.  I'm thinking this:
which is easily my favorite shawl (meaning I've actually worn it).  I finished this back in 2003, and I think it's the second shawl I made.  The pattern is Lotus Blossom Lace, and the great thing about this shawl is that the construction makes it easy to wear.  I love shawls, but while they look great on the models posed in pictures, but when it comes to wearing them in real life, they fall off, slide around, or get caught on things.  The v-shape of this one makes it actually fit around a human AND STAY THERE, or at least until said human gets warm or spills something on it.  Ahem.  It almost makes me want to make one in a lighter yarn--you know, like the weight that had its own entire BIN in the sewing room--if I ever get this
finished.

2 comments:

Mereknits said...

Its a beauty, hope you had fun at your dinner.
Meredith

Mari said...

What a lovely shawl. I'll put it in my to-knit list :) I love how you're writing by the way - very fun to read :)