Monday, June 27, 2016

Me Made Monday

Today I'm going to figure out a way to wear this,
which is a scarf from back when I first bought my serger (2008? 2007?).  I know I've actually never worn it, because while I love the idea of scarves, I always lose my nerve to wear them.  In my mind, there's always a chance that someone will tell me that I'm wearing it wrong (and since that is EXACTLY the sort of thing my sister has always enjoyed doing, that isn't as crazy as it sounds).  But I'm going to wear it ANYWAY.  Because that's part of what I'm trying to do with Me Made Monday.  I think the real key to scarves and shawls is just to wear them with confidence, no matter HOW you've put them on, because in reality no one else knows how to wear them either. 

3 comments:

RobinH said...

You know, I just recently (in cooler weather) wearing scarves myself, and somewhat to my surprise, I have not been stopped by the Scarf Police. Someday I might actually try a shawl!

Kathleen C. said...

I love wearing scarves! I was very lucky that I had a good friend in grad school who had a style with scarves that was inspirational, and I learned a lot from her. And as far as I'm concerned the only wrong way is if it's wrapped in such a manner that you can't see where you're going or you tangle your feet up in it and trip.

Mereknits said...

That is exactly why I don't wear shawls, but I still seem to make a load of them.
Hugs,
Meredith