Tuesday, June 21, 2016

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!

Okay, I haven't actually been to the Bernina store yet, but I have been checking options online.  HOLY COW!  I really would like a bigger embroidery option, and I do know that I really use embroidery, but I have come to the sobering realization that this is going to be the most money I've spent on something I could neither drive nor live in.  So I'm concentrating right now on finishing projects, saving money, and getting every last stitch out of Jeeves.

I did remember Me Made Monday, and for the record, it's not the greatest idea for summer.  Yesterday was 95 degrees, and I wore this
I think I have worn it, but I haven't worn it for Me Made Monday (and won't be wearing it again until fall) and since it's new this year, it counts for one of my 20 new MMM things.  If I wasn't working, I might have been a bit harsher about that as a rule, but NOW I'm getting all kinds of flexible.  

I did get some crafting in on Friday,
"some" being the key word here.  Theo helped me cut out and mark the new jacket, 
 and hoop the fabric for embroidery.  You can't really see the cat hair, right?
 I love this design set, and have already been trying to think of what to do with it next.  How many table runners do you think friends-of-sewing-maniacs can receive before staging an intervention?

3 comments:

Amy at love made my home said...

Keep going with the finishing things for as long as you can! xx

RobinH said...

These would be lovely on curtains, don't you think? Or perhaps on a blouse or skirt?

Mereknits said...

I bet those machines are crazy expensive, but you use yours all the time so it is a purchase you can justify. Love your tunic.
Hugs,
Meredith