Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Of Course

I've had the loom less than a week, have only practiced with it, and of course I'm already thinking I might need more yarn.  Because I'm insane.  

This morning I got down my bag of felt-able worsted-weight wool:
And in case you're thinking "Oh, that doesn't look like too much," (in which case, you are delusional and probably have stash issues OR you are just trying to be a really good friend and supportive of my madness), this would be a good time to point out that this is ONLY the worsted weight wool.  There's a whole tub of OTHER worsted-weight yarn.......and some bags with sweater quantities that we're not going to talk about just yet. So, considering I have not actually made a single thing on the loom yet, I think I have a bit of time before I run out of yarn, don't you think?

3 comments:

Gaidig said...

No, you won't be running out of yarn any time soon. When you have only one project worth of worsted left inn the stash, then it might be time to think about buying worsted to prevent running out.

RobinH said...

Ooh, Gaidig is hard-core! In my wildest dreams I've never thought I'd get down to 1 project left of anything!

Since I am also a friend however, I will point out that if you wander too far off the reservation into weaving, your fabric reduction goals are going to suffer. And since you just bought yarn *by accident*, you need to use some up PDQ, or you'll have to add it to the stash, right?

But feltable wool does give me an idea... you could weave it, felt it, and then cut and sew it as fabric to make one of those cool felted jackets, couldn't you?

Mereknits said...

A stripey scarf is calling your name. How fun would that be and it would be a big yarn eater.
Meredith