Tuesday, April 19, 2016

I Strung My First Cello!

....and broke my first cello string.  It's much trickier than it looked when someone else did it.  But I got the second one on without issue and even got it tuned.  And I've sold two used pianos now, which is a lot like working at an animal shelter.  Not all used pianos are capable of even being tuned, so they're hard to come by and need to go to a good home where they will be loved and taken care of--and I have to say, both pianos went to great people.  I'm really exhausted by the time I get home, but I am enjoying the new job.  And
this morning I even had enough time to start sewing the new blocks together.  If I do them all in order and keep them chain pieced while ironing, I think I'll be able to put them together how I laid them out.  This is the theory, though I've noticed sewing theories tend to blow up on me a lot.  I wonder if this is what it's like to be a chemist?

I was really dragging this week, so I rested all day Sunday, but these
are my next projects.  The home decorating fabric is one of the earliest fabrics I purchased, and has been earmarked for a jacket for at least 8 years.  Not a fast project or a good stash-burner, but I am really excited about using up one of my oldest fabrics, which makes me feel better about the stash.  And a new scarf which will be my stoplight/I'm really tired knitting.  I'm not sure if we'll be able to continue the handmade Christmas gifts program as we've been doing it, but this year is Andy's year, so I can stockpile a bit and see how it goes.  Besides, once I finish with the teeny-tiny lace yarn of the Begonia Swirl, big yarn on big needles will be SO exciting!  And will distract me from immediately casting on another shawl.  Now that I have a place to wear them, I should be more excited about sweaters, but it's supposed to reach 80 degrees by tomorrow, so sweaters just aren't doing it right now. 

1 comment:

Mereknits said...

It is warm here too, and I never wear shawls yet I keep knitting or crocheting them with no end in sight!
Hugs,
Meredith