Thursday, March 31, 2016

Well...............

It's the last day of March and I am still at 45 yards....because I started my new job on Tuesday!

This has been the wildest thing.  My hip has gotten better, and I had started looking through jobs trying to decide what I could do that would work with my hip.  My background is outside sales and fundraising, which are both long hours and a lot of stress, and I don't think I'd be able to do that.  And not being able to sit for long periods of time rules out many things.  I had just been wondering about retail, when I saw an ad for a music store.  Did I mention that I have 4 guitars, a piano, a keyboard, and a trumpet?  So, it was just 2 weeks ago from tomorrow that I emailed my resume, had 2 interviews last week, and started Tuesday.  There is a lot to learn, and today will be my third day, and I still can't believe someone is going to pay me to talk to people about music all day.  If I could work yarn or fabric into this scenario, I might not even come home nights. 

Once things settle down a bit, I think I will still be able to manage a little sewing each day, so I don't think 200 yards is impossible just yet, but this week is a bit overwhelming.

And I finish the month with:

Yards of fabric: 17
Yards of yarn: 372
Skeins of yarn: 1

Still not bad considering the whirlwind of the last 2 weeks.  :)

9 comments:

bittenbyknittin said...

Congrats on the new job! It sounds perfect for you. Good luck!

Kathleen C. said...

Surrounded by music and music lovers... sounds great (I admit it, pun intended)! Best of luck!

Gaidig said...

Congratulations on your new job! I hope it continues to be as ideal as it now seems.

btownknitter/Patty said...

How exciting!

handmade by amalia said...

This new job sounds wonderful, Toni. Wish I could stop by.
Amalia
xo

Ella said...

Congratulations, that sounds like the perfect job for you!

RobinH said...

Congratulations! It can be hard getting back into working after a hiatus, but I know you'll do a great job!

Mereknits said...

Hooray for the new job, and in a music store that is fantastic. Take good care of your hip on the days you work.
Hugs,
Meredith

Jess said...

Congratulations on your new job! How exciting!