Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Stay Focused On The Yardage

When I tried out the fabric stiffener, I prepped 4 fabrics.  Of course, what I'm dying to do is to use the stiffener on the butterfly fabric, but I don't know how long this stuff lasts, so
 this morning I am going to use up the coral fabric I've already stiffened.  There are 7 yards of this stuff, six of which will be used for this skirt:
I've made this pattern before--the long version--and I really like the skirt, though in all fairness I seem to not be the sort of person who can wear "maxi" skirts.  I don't know how other people cope, but instead of looking elegant in a flowing full-length skirt, I'm the clumsy dope who is always tripping over the skirt.  So I've shortened the pattern pieces by 4 inches. 

Usually, it's nice to make patterns that I've used before, because I've worked out all the details and know what to expect.  I put the pieces in a file folder with the edges stapled shut, then write any appropriate notes on the back.  However, on this one, it seems I was a bit vague:
In case you can't read that, my only note on this one says, "Cute skirt, but pattern written by sociopaths with dyslexia."  I'm guessing I had a few problems making this skirt, don't you think?  But it uses 6 whole yards of fabric, which would get me over 40 yards of fabric for the year so far.  This is what I'm going to focus on.  And a glass of wine this evening if things go badly......

5 comments:

Kathleen C. said...

Best pattern comments ever!

Anita Palmer said...

Can't wait to see the next round of comments!
A

Mereknits said...

Ha, you made me laugh. I always picture myself in a maxi skirt, but frankly I just look too tall in them, and sort of out of place. But I have a pattern for one, and I rarely even sew!
Hugs,
Meredith

RobinH said...

And you know what this means? If you use 40 yards of fabric in the first quarter of the year, you will be on track to exceed 200 yards for the year! Whoo! You go, Toni!

Amy at love made my home said...

Wow, you are going to do so well with this!! xx