Saturday, March 26, 2016

Rats

Thursday I did indeed finish the skirt!
And for one brief, shining moment, I thought I had found a "freebie."  Last year I finished these pants,
 up to the point where they would get elastic for the waist.  Since I was putting elastic in the waistband of the skirt, I put some in the pants as well, and was hoping to get to count the yardage for the pants--but I found I'd already done so.  However, I get to count it as a finished project, though as my goal for the year is 50 finished projects and I'm now at 26 with 3/4 of the year left to go, that's less exciting.  Oh well.  I do have a new skirt and a new pair of pants. 

With--or in spite of--Theo's help,
 I got the lining for the tank top cut out, sewed the darts and the shoulder seams,
 and I am happy to say that I figured out this was not going to work at this point, rather than after sewing the pieces together at the neckline.  This is usually the sort of thing that I don't figure out until FAR more seam ripping is involved, so this is big for me. 

I had hoped to start cutting the next project,
but Theo spent most of the day on my fabric.  And I now know that it holds cat hair really, really, REALLY well.  Probably good to know.

I didn't have time to do anything yesterday, but this morning Theo is out napping on one of the patio chairs, so hopefully I can get the peachskin cut out.  I thought about moving on to one of the stiffened fabrics,
 but the black set would add more pieces and more versatility to my wardrobe--and at least the pants are pretty quick to make, which would at least get me to 45 yards before the end of the month.  I'm using the same jacket pattern on the peachskin as the butterfly print, so I could cut them both out and work on them at the same time.  And the butterfly jacket would go with the black pants and shirt, so this could be considered wardrobe planning, I think.  Hard to say as I've never really managed to do it. 

Today marks 90 days since I last bought fabric!  It hasn't yet gotten easier, and I had Andy take me when I needed to pop in to Joanns to pick up a button as I just don't think I can be trusted.  I would have imagined that sorting my fabrics and finding things I didn't even remember would feel like buying new fabric, but it doesn't.  It does, however, at least scare me somewhat and it helps when I can line up several more projects to do to keep my mind off new fabric.  It does help a bit that I still have much more fabric to sort through, and heaven only knows shat I'll find.  Has Jimmy Hoffa ever been located?

4 comments:

Mereknits said...

I have now hit 40 ours without buying yarn, might be a record for me of late. Happy Easter, have a great time today.
Meredith

RobinH said...

Be strong, Toni! You can do it.

And the new jackets will be gorgeous!

Gaidig said...

You can do it! Just 5 more yards to reach 50 Given the fact that February was a short month, and you didn't start the yearwith the intent to reach 200 yards, I think your pace looks good.

Jess said...

That blue and black floral print is beautiful!