Monday, March 14, 2016

One Year and One Day Later..........

On March 13, 2015 I finished this:
and wore it for the first time today.  I really do love the jacket, but it was already too warm for it by this time last year.  No worries this year--rain, sun, hail on and off--and that was just today.  Wearing it made me want to immediately cut out yet another one, which is ridiculous as they take a LOT of sewing for not very much yardage, and I have other fabrics prepped and ready to use first.  And the 25 pattern pieces involved, almost all of which require 3 seams (together, edgestitch, quarter-inch topstitch) making it THE most time consuming project I could think of. 

I'm guessing I cave and start another one by April 15..........What do you think?

3 comments:

Anita Palmer said...

It is a cute jacket.....maybe simplify the decorative stitching......like none! Different look for next season. :-)

Amy at love made my home said...

Just think you will be all ready kitted out with new things when the weather is right! xx

handmade by amalia said...

This must have taken some work, Toni. And skill! Well done.
Amalia
xo