Sunday, January 10, 2016

2!

In order to get some bigger projects done this year, I'm aiming for 50 finished projects, rather than something truly crazy....like 116 or something, which even I am surprised I'm not attempting. So, finishing a second project for the year
means I'm doing well so far.  It's not clothing, which was going to be my main focus this year, but I like it.  We've decided to cut back a bit on handmade gifts this year.  Even alternating years, it gets really stressful, and we do a lot of Christmas gifts for family members who don't even let us know they arrive--much less thank us for them.  So, we talked it over, and decided that not saying thank you--even by email or Facebook--can be freely interpreted as "I hate homemade gifts--please don't send me any more."  This is Andy's year for gifts, so that takes a lot of pressure off of him, and I've been happily sending table runners to friends, whom I know love them.  Win-win.

I am enjoying playing with table runner ideas, including
this, which requires only 10 triangles instead of 14.  It's going to be a smaller table runner, but it's a fun layout, and I like how it looks.  Plus, I was going to end up with 7 and 7 instead of the 6 and 8 to do the first layout because I didn't start cutting both stratas in the same direction, so the first layout wouldn't work anyway.  See how nicely that works out?

Thank heavens knitting is sometimes simple.  I have the first sleeve of Sitcom Chic finished up to where it will join the body,
and now need to cast on the second one.  I might be able to wear this by spring!  I just walked 3 miles in cloudy 28-degree weather, so I'm ready to think about spring.........

3 comments:

Amy at love made my home said...

A lower number of bigger projects sounds like a good idea, especially as you are planning less gifts. I don't know about you, but I also find that sometimes small things take as long as large things in any case! Enjoy! xx

Anita Palmer said...

Beautiful table runner. I totally agree with you gift thank you policy.....not fun but too much loving work to not even hear anything!
Anita

Mereknits said...

I have a finish that is right number one is done for the year!! I love your table runners, they are incredible.
Hugs,
Meredith