So aside from incurring the world's silliest injury (and being so pale as to resemble a plucked chicken), there has been some crafting this week. While we're still on the subject of painful things, I was zipping along on the second wedding scarf (due in late October) when I thought it might be a good idea to double-check the pattern directions which said that with the tubular cast-on, I could remove the provisional yarn without the scarf unraveling. So I did:
There are just times to cut one's losses, no matter how painful. I will find a way to fix the first scarf, but I ripped out all of that work to start over with a regular cast on and make a scarf I can stand. To make matters even more fun, the yarn ball barfed up its center after creating some lovely knots, so there is a fair amount of ill-will with this yarn currently, making ALL OTHER PROJECTS look fun by comparison. Which is good, as there's a lot of them.
I finally dragged this table runner back out and embroidered ornaments on the remaining two squares.
I also dug out a piece of fabric I'd cut (ok, torn) when I made the original ribbon runner,
My IDEA for the last batch of table runners morphed into this: