Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Where Did THAT Week Go?

I hope everyone had a good holiday weekend.  We spent Thanksgiving with my parents at the ranch,
which was a lot of fun.  Cold, but fun.  Sorry for the extra-large picture, but this was such a great picture that I wanted to share it, and I cannot get it to shrink.  This is where I grew up.  Pretty, isn't it?  The ranch is a partnership between the families of my mother and her twin sister, and my two cousins who also grew up there were visiting as well, so that was really fun.   Andy had his new camera, so he took family pictures of them in several spots on the ranch.  So this is how we spent Black Friday.  :)

It is officially winter here, which includes the obligatory problems with the furnace on the coldest day possible.  High-efficiency furnaces have some issues with condensation, and when too much water builds up, the furnace doesn't kick on.  So yesterday we woke up to single-digit temperatures outside and 51 degrees INSIDE.  Luckily, it's a problem that Andy can fix, but even Theo spent most of the day camped in front of a heating vent.  When the sewing room was finally warm enough,

I got one of the last Christmas gifts embroidered and sewn, and now just need to do some hand stitching to finish it.  This will be project 104 for the year, but I still need to finish wrapping and mailing gifts, then write and send our annual Christmas letter.  Plus 2 parties this weekend, two or three next week, 2 friends having surgery......we'll see.  I swear I'm not going to stress over this.  I'm too busy stressing over how badly I need to clean the sewing room.  My crafting table is the perfect height for wrapping gifts as well, so it's reached a whole new level of "disaster."

'Tis the season!

3 comments:

Mereknits said...

It is a beautiful photo of both of you and of course that gorgeous area. Lucky you growing up there!
Hugs,
Meredith

RobinH said...

Wow! What a beautiful area. Sounds like a wonderful weekend!

Kathleen C. said...

Whenever you start to stress look at that gorgeous photo, and the gorgeous man smiling at you, and think happy thoughts.
That works for me... up to a certain point anyway. (uhm, meaning I look at a photo of my own gorgeous man of course!)