Thursday, August 27, 2015

I Have Finished Something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it WASN'T a bottle of wine!  Which, frankly, seemed the logical contender after wrestling with the tubular bind off again.  But it was an honest-to-goodness normal knitting project:
A finished project!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Now on to the next 10,000........

Speaking of which,
I have no excuses.  My resolve to not buy any new fabric doesn't even slow me down when faced with the right thing.  Tuesday I'd been to the gym and was meeting a friend for lunch, but popped into Craft Warehouse to see if I could find a small doily to use on some extra placemats for us, and was gobsmacked by some great fat quarter bundles with EIGHT fabrics in them--and they were on sale!!!!  Know how many fabrics I need for a Spicy Spiral table runner?  Eight!  Why can't I use fabrics I already have........?  Well, if I had that kind of self-control, I wouldn't be Cold Sheeping or making up mad challenges for myself.  Anyway, the one that's unrolled will be a Christmas gift for two of our dearest friends.  Then clockwise, some lovely neutral batiks to make one for my in-law's 60th wedding anniversary next year, the wine one will be for us, and the silver and red one was just so stunning that I couldn't pass it up.  (I have no willpower, but at least I'm honest)  There was a blue/green batik set that I almost grabbed as well, but I couldn't think of a single place to use it.  Andy and I both love blues and greens, but I decorated the house in warmer colors, and I couldn't think of a way to fit it into my seasonal decorations.  (Not that I'm not still thinking, of course...) 

To make up for such a lapse, I have ironed and straightened 5 Christmas fabrics from stash for my next batch of table runners.  I saw an idea on Pinterest that I'm going to try, but I have pinned hundreds of projects and yet I didn't pin THAT one, so there will be some guesswork involved.  Then I think I'm going to go hide my credit card..........

2 comments:

Amy at love made my home said...

Love the socks! Hope you figure out what you are doing to do with the fabrics! xx

Mereknits said...

Certainly you could not pass up those fabrics, I mean you are only human.
Hugs,
Meredith