Saturday, July 18, 2015

New Lesson Learned

Never talk about a shipwreck while crafting.

 Ahem............

There isn't a birthday shirt yet.  In fact, the birthday shirt has hit a big, big BIG snag.  I had 2.75 yards of flannel.  I SWEAR I did read the back of the envelope before starting,
and I am making shirt D.  With 44-inch-wide fabric.  Which is not what the shirt calls for.  Because I am an idiot. 

It isn't a total loss yet.  I'm going to see if I can lay it out differently and make it work.  If that fails, it can be a short-sleeved shirt, though short-sleeved flannel is a bit weird.  Having 2.75 yard is pretty exact, so I'm guessing that might have been accurate for a DIFFERENT shirt pattern, but while I found the first long-sleeved shirt that I made for Andy, I can't find the pattern.  And since I bought this fabric back in 2006 when I was young and trusting of the people who both cut fabric and the demented madmen who are employed to write patterns, I probably bought just exactly what I needed without any wiggle room.  And there isn't a chance of finding more fabric.  It's a really nice, heavy flannel--the sort of quality fabric that was surprising to find at Joann Fabrics 9 years ago, much less today.  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!

3 comments:

Mereknits said...

You make yourself an awesome flannel skirt you can wear with leggings and boots, Andy can have another shirt can't he?
Hugs,
Meredith

handmade by amalia said...

Oh, you poor thing. How frustrating.
Amalia
xo

Nicky said...

I really do feel your pain! Hope you find a way around this fix!