Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Travel Knitting

I'm not sure what my excuse would be for the rest of the week, but Thursday we flew to California to visit Andy's parents and just got home Monday night, so the only crafting here has been some travel knitting:
Since I'm trying to do 3000 yards for the Mad Dash, a lace project was a spectacularly bad idea, but it's really portable.  This is the Begonia Swirl shawl, and it does make perfect travel knitting.  Now, of course, it's all I want to work on and I have some bulky yarn to get back to--which has all been a pretty moot point as since we got back I've been busy with cats, unpacking, laundry, etc.  But I am hoping for an actual Finishing Friday this week!

3 comments:

Gaidig said...

Toni, what are you most enjoying about your lase knitting? Is it the weight of the yarn or the patterning? You could really tear though some stash knitting lace with heavier weight yarn. I am currently wearing a DK weight sweater with lace panels, and the effect of lace in a thick yarn can giver really great emphasis on the pattern. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/search#craft=knitting&weight=bulky%7Csuper-bulky&view=captioned_thumbs&pa=lace&sort=best
On the opposite end of things, knitting a pattern like the whisper cardigan: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/whisper-cardigan gives you mindless knitting with lace weight yarn on larger needles, and my friends say they love wearing the ones they have knitted because they are the perfect weight for when you are just a little cold thanks to someone who set the thermostat a bit too low.

RobinH said...

This looks very cheering and springlike in that soft yellow! Beautiful.

Mereknits said...

How come my travel knitting is garter stitch, completely no brainier knitting and yours in intricate lace?
Hugs to you,
Meredith