Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Knitting on a Knitting Blog?

Really????????????

So while it would have made sense to stick with big needles and big yarn during the Mad Dash, I became obsessed with the Begonia Swirl shawl (because I'm me and must complicate everything), but I am pleased to announce that I am at the bind-off:
I already added the first 600-yard ball of yarn to my tally, so it's not going to go up by much and I'm nowhere NEAR my 3000 yards, but I am going to have a beautiful new shawl for spring.  The knitters who are knitting 12,000 yards by themselves are multi-stranding, which is great if you end up with lace yarn and decide you don't like knitting with lace yarn, but I wasn't even slightly tempted.  The reason I have so much lace yarn is that I like knitting with it, I like how it looks, I like the softness of the projects, and it would be stupid for me to take yarn I like and waste it on a project I don't like.  So, I'll probably won't even make it to 2000 yards, but that's fine.  I'm knitting something I love.  And it could be finished by the end of the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

5 comments:

Book Dragon said...

This is beautiful! And your wavy runner? WOW

Mandy said...

Gorgeous!

RobinH said...

Very pretty! And that soft yellow is so delightfully spring-like.

Mereknits said...

It is so beautiful, I love it and the color is perfect. Who cares about using more yarn if the yarn you used created something this beautiful.
Hugs,
MEredith

handmade by amalia said...

This is so fine and delicate, beautiful work.
Amalia
xo