Sunday, March 15, 2015

I'M DOING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you might have noticed that you haven't seen any progress on this:
That would be because the next step had me worried--trimming off the edges into a smooth curve.  After all that work, taking any cutting implements to it in any way just scared me.  It's sort of like cutting steeks in a sweater, and on Pinterest I'd seen some spicy spiral runners where people had obviously trimmed badly and left wonky-looking runners.  So, it was easy to drift into other projects while this one languished, but I caught myself looking at other fabrics to put together for other versions of this, and decided it was time to gird my loins--at least figuratively, as I think with my hip problems I shouldn't be doing any girding anywhere near my loins--and finish this baby. 

Using my dressmaker's curves,
I started cutting point to point, and, having to take one break for some deep breaths, I have:
a table runner ready for backing!!!!!  Since this is the first one, I'm going to use fusible fleece for the batting.  Thankfully, the runner doesn't require binding--one sews the front and back together, then turns right side out.  Maybe in the future I'd try bias binding, but one step at a time............

4 comments:

Mereknits said...

I am proud of you!!! Brave, brave, woman that you are.
It looks fantastic.
Meredith

Anita Palmer said...

Lovely! Definatelpy worth the wait to see this step....

handmade by amalia said...

This is pretty! It looks very intricate work, looking forward to the final reveal.
Amalia
xo

RobinH said...

Oh, very nice! Well done.