Friday, January 23, 2015

Friday!!!!!!!!!!!

Crafting has lost out to exercise this week--I was able to walk in the pool both Monday and Wednesday, which is very exciting.  The pressure of the water definitely makes it harder than regular walking and helps build strength, but it does wear me out.  Tuesday I set out for a short walk and felt so good I went 3 miles.  Yesterday I was just worn out, so
there was some VERY simple knitting and rest.  The great thing is that I was just tired and a bit sore from exercising--NOT from the back pain. YAY!

I finished the Eleanor Cowl earlier this week,
and finally remembered to take a picture of it today.  It still needs to be blocked and have the ends woven in, but this brings me to 13 finished projects for the year already!  I'm scaring myself just a bit.....

Of course, being ahead is a nice change and if I get too worried, there's always this:
I don't even want to TRY to estimate how far behind I am with these.  I think this is the 11th kit I've received, but I cancelled my membership anyway.  I have loved getting them and they are fun to work on, but the final one might have been St. Patrick's Day, which I don't decorate for in any way, or back to Easter, which I also don't generally do and which I already have.  So, now I just need to finish all of them........

On the sewing front, I have already made two exceptions to my "not buying anything" rule.  The first is the Supreme Slider:
 which is a nonstick mat to help fabric slide when free motion quilting.  I had already finished quilting 4 of the runners by the time I got this, but it made the last one SOOOOOOOOOOOO much easier!  The second exception is on it's way--fusible fleece.  After wrestling with regular batting for two of the runners, I used fusible fleece on the final two.  I wouldn't use it for anything that couldn't end up pretty stiff, like an actual quilt, but it REALLY makes things easier for table runners.  I think I'm going to need all the help I can get on the next one....
I think I've finally got my eight fabrics ready to go...........

2 comments:

Mereknits said...

Playing with yarn has lost out to paperwork this week. I swear my mind is a big ball of mush from all the evals and re-evals I have done. You know it is my own fault as I am way too wordy, can you even imagine?
Hugs,
Meredith

Caffeine Girl said...

You finished the Eleanor Cowl? That is amazing. I have worked on my off and one for years. I keep making stupid mistakes and frogging.

I know exercise should come first, but knitting is more fun!