Saturday, November 8, 2014

I Did NOT Buy Yarn Today!!!!!!!!!!!

But it was a close thing--believe me. 

As I'm taking a break from Cold Sheeping, there really isn't a reason for me NOT to buy yarn.......well, except for the really, really, REALLY massive yarn stash that is why I started Cold Sheeping in the first place.  And the fact that I literally have no more room in the craft room.  Two tubs are outside the door right now so I can get at some of my other stuff, and using up 52 balls of yarn and 46 yards of fabric just hasn't freed up as much space as I had hoped.  (To be fair, the 22 yards for pajamas was fabric I purchased at the end of last year's spending ban and making 4 sets of pajamas meant I didn't ever have to find a place FOR that 22 yards of fabric, and 11 of the balls of yarn have been bought and used since I stepped off my sheep in September, but that's another story......)

Yesterday I received an email about discounted sock yarn.  Discounted. Sock. Yarn.  And I'm off the sheep........But I resisted.  I even deleted the email.  But after a 2 mile walk today and physical therapy, my hip was hurting and I was frustrated and feeling more than a little sorry for myself, so I went BACK to the website (like I'd have forgotten who had sock yarn at a 60% discount) and had almost justified a big new order of yarn.  Luckily, I got derailed by looking for some nice tweed yarn for this sweater, which luckily meant I had to dig through my queue to find the link to the pattern, which reminded me of all the sweaters I have yarn for, which reminded me of all the sweaters I have already started, which--after I recovered from the shock--convinced me to turn the computer off and go back to my sock.  'Cause when that 230 yards is used up, I'll have so much more room.......................:)

4 comments:

bittenbyknittin said...

I'm not cold sheeping but I am on a fiber diet. And yet, I can't help but torture myself by following Simply Socks Yarn Co on FB, where they post the most LUSCIOUS skeins of color. AND I drive past their storefront every time I pick up my g'daughter from pre-school. Must. Be. Strong.

Mereknits said...

It was close but I am so glad you came out of the yarn buying fog and regained your momentum. I have been using a bit of my stash which is making me very happy. I am even starting some simple garter stitch slippers with sock yarn today, well that is the plan anyway.
Hugs,
Meredith

Nicky said...

yay you!!!! I'm good with the no yarn buying these days but I'm getting lost in fiber!

RobinH said...

Exactly! I gave away a stack of patterns and magazines a few weeks ago, in the happy conviction that removing a single cubic foot of Stuff from the sewing room would somehow transform it from a landscape from the aftermath of Sharknado into a calm and well-organized crafting space. (For the record..didn't work. Drat.)