Friday, November 7, 2014

"Attempting" Finishing Friday

 Having reached 99 projects with just under 2 months to go, last night seemed like the perfect time to start a really time-consuming project, so
I have started a new set of Christmas pillowcases--for next year, obviously.  I'm stupidly optimistic, but not completely insane.  There is still this
 which is progressing, but since most of it is outlining, it gets a bit boring. 

Today I got to the sewing room early, but not as early as some,
and for a while, we were doing fine.  When I cut out the fabric for the two ribbon bags, I actually cut enough fabric for FOUR, but thought the other two pieces could become table runners.  Starting with the green organza,
I got quite a bit done and stopped to decide if maybe I should just leave it as it is.  Theo votes yes,
though his taste is often as questionable as his views on "helping:"
So I think the white ribbon is out.  And someone is sulking
now that what's left of the ribbon has been rescued.  The hardships this poor kitty faces every day........

3 comments:

RobinH said...

As my sister is fond of quoting,
"And some kind of help is the kind of help
That helping's all about
And some kind of help is the kind of help
We all can do without"

I leave which kind that was to the eye of the observer... Glad to see that Theo is on the job!

Mereknits said...

Seriously how did you get this all done? I am on a measly 28 finished projects, how pathetic is that?
Hugs and happy weekend,
Meredith

Amy at love made my home said...

I am amazed that you do so much as Meredith said! xx