Monday, June 2, 2014

It's June Already!

How did that happen?????????

I finished May with a rather dismal tally:

Yards of fabric used: 5.5
Yards of yarn used: 702
Balls of yarn used: 1.5
Projects finished:  6

leaving me with some catching up to do.  However, I do have to show you the party decorations.  These are the last thing I made:
 and I spent much of last week getting the summer decorations up and getting ready:
I thought the decorations turned out pretty well, if I do say so myself.  I was disappointed in the party itself, however.  The games went well and I think everyone had a good time, but one of the problems I've had through the years with parties is there always has to be that one person who can't drink appropriately.  When you're in your twenties, I think everyone has their moments of drinking too much, but when you're over 40 and STILL can't attend a party without getting drunk, there is something seriously wrong.  It's not even like anyone else finds a 50-year-old drunk funny either.  So, I think it's the last party I'll be having for a while.  I spent weeks getting ready for this, I was excited to finally be able to have a party again after 3 years of back problems, and an inconsiderate jerk had to ruin it all for me. 

5 comments:

RobinH said...

I bow to your party/decor mojo...yes, I knew you were like this, but it looks completely fabulous! I have to admit that sweeping up the poofs of cat fur and shoveling off the tables is about as fancy as it gets at my house.

You have also made me grateful for my largely non-drinking friends. (So, at least your crummy party guest is good for something?)

Mandy said...

So sorry to hear that you had problems with one guest. Hopefully another time that person can be excluded. Not always possible, I realise. You took such care in getting the decorations just right, it is so unfortunate that one idiot had to go and spoil it for you.

Mereknits said...

Some people should just stay away from the alcohol, i wonder how that person felt the next day....pretty bad I assume. Can you believe i beat your fabric total for the month of May, not that I was trying but I bought and used 7 yards of fabric, I know you did not buy any but I do not have a fabric stash like you.
By the way the decorations look great.
Hugs,
Meredith

Anita Palmer said...

Beautiful home. Sorry the party had an attendee issue......don't let this experience spoil your entertainment fun. Enjoy June and I'll look forward to seeing your next needlework (or pin) accomplishment!
Anita

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Wow. Very nicely put together. It's gorgeous and inviting. Too bad the one guest interrupted such a nice time. I have had it happen also. That can be disappointing and heartbreaking.