Saturday, February 22, 2014

Things I Am Trying To Remember Today

*  Even a zipper I am not happy with is still going to function

and if someone is close enough to my backside to see the errors in the zipper, I probably have bigger issues than whether my seams are straight.

*  Just because the pattern designer puts in a zipper differently than I would, it doesn't make them "deranged" or "sadistic" and whether his or her parents were actually married is none of my business.

* Some people consider hobbies as things that are "fun" and "relaxing."  For their own protection, I will avoid these foolish people when I have just inserted a zipper or frogged mohair.

*  Even if it has never happened before, just because under-stitching is  actually easy to do on a project, it might not mean that I'm doing it wrong:
*  Getting the idea to frame my favorite thread experience really WAS a good idea:
* Measuring the piece of fabric BEFORE buying a frame would have been an even BETTER idea.........

*  Impatience does NOT make a knitting project go faster...
 ...but could possibly make the ball of yarn bigger than the first one--I must consult an astrophysicist on this one............

*  Having a place to keep "in progress" sewing project patterns is a fabulous idea
*  It would be even more fabulous if I used it and hadn't just spent 3 days looking for this
so I could finally mark the buttonholes on the floral jacket

*  Wanting to NOT count embroidered ornaments for more than a few of my 100 Finished Projects is an easier decision when one is not falling behind............
 *  When one is trying to use up 100 yards of fabric for the year, two projects that will each use about 5 yards of fabric that I have already washed and ironed
makes a LOT more sense than a couple quilted spring table runners on which one wants to try some time-intensive quilting techniques,
 and which one might be able to bribe oneself with...say 3 finished sewing WIPs before starting?

*  If one can't control one's inner child, at least have some good ideas for bribing her................

3 comments:

Book Dragon said...

bribes are good :-)


Mereknits said...

Very wise words Toni.
Hugs to you,
Meredith

RobinH said...

Hey, you missed one. If the zipper's on your backside, at least you don't have to look at it when you're wearing the garment!

And I totally buy impatience making the ball of yarn larger. I've seen it happen many times.