Saturday, February 8, 2014

But On The Plus Side.....

I just went for the longest walk I've been on since December 26.  I remember that day because I was thinking how great I was feeling and was ready to try for longer walks, and the next day was smacked down by bronchitis.  And it doesn't hurt.  And my hands only hurt a bit. 

I had physical therapy on Thursday, and because when you're trying to avoid touching things people who have met you before are bound to notice how weird you're being, I explained to her that I had burned both sides of both hands.  I can't say that I blame her a bit, but she did take a step back from me before asking if I was a bit accident-prone.  I do wonder about that myself.  Wednesday I was walking into our bedroom and managed to smack the back of one of my hands on the doorknob as I went past.  As I stopped getting taller sometime time during college, my hands have been in pretty much the same location for the last 20 years, and the door has been in the same location for seven and a half, so this seems like a particularly stupid thing to do and hurt like crazy.  I think this might qualify me for a LOT accident prone personally.  I just wish I could step back away from me as well.

I had been so careful with my back all week--and had been relieved that driving to my aunt's funeral last Saturday had only hurt some and not left me crippled on Sunday--but I didn't think about the hand pain in relation to the back pain--but it seems that when we hurt, we tense.  Can't think of how this is anything but a design flaw, personally, but by the time I got back from therapy on Thursday my hands hurt so much that it was winding up my back again. and I was back on full pain meds and Valium.  Both are apparently very addictive substances, but I just don't see it.   So it's exciting to have two days in a row without back pain!

In-between all of this, knitting is still difficult, but I did finally manage to get this finished
for Finished Object #11!  And a wee bit of fabric used up, like probably an eighth of a yard.  I think if I am going to reach 100 yards for the year, I'm going to need to work on bigger projects.  Bags might do me in....

2 comments:

Mereknits said...

When your back is hurting it completely throws off the way you walk, so therefore you will bump into things, about the burns, well I think you just forgot the handles were hot, pain medication will do that to you.
Hugs,
Meredith

Nicky said...

Glad you were able to go through that walk without pain.

And you need to be careful lady. Those accidental encounters with door handles (in my case trunks) are not fun and they do hurt like dickens.

Happy Sunday!