Originally, I had planned to can tomato salsa yesterday, but then I thought, "Hey, it's a HOLIDAY weekend. This is not what normal people do with holidays." So I'm doing it today instead--still a holiday, but a Monday, which sort of evens things out. Besides, I think I sat too much yesterday. And that would be because...
Then I did some stabilizing on the thread bowl by adding a grid:
I've now completed OVER 5 rows on the peach shawl,
Then, I tried something new!
As the rope was colored AND much thicker than it was supposed to be (and I'm trying to learn this), I decided to just use the rope as-is. So many of our friends are outdoor types that a bowl made out of rope is just perfect for them anyway.
I set my machine to a zig-zag stitch, reduced the foot pressure as low as it could go, and tried to figure out how to get it started without the rope unraveling,
which I didn't really do well. The idea is to zig-zag across the coils of rope as you turn, and it was about here that I realized one would probably be better off with a joining foot
When I thought the base was wide enough for some stability,
It got a bit tricky when I decided I wanted the walls to go more UP than OUT,