Friday, December 28, 2012

2012 to 2013 Transition

 So, the year of the 12 12s is ending, and there's no way I'm going to make all 12.  There is, however,
 a slight chance that I could knock off at least one more "12."  These 2 brought me to 6 bags for the year, and I have 5 more red felt bags in progress,
 which would frustratingly bring me to 11 bags.  Luckily, I found this:
which is a box full of half-finished bags, most of which are waiting for handles.  So if I can locate the white felt, make some handles, I think I can get there.  Of course, what I am dying to do is to get cracking on the 365 ornaments, especially after Andy gave me this for Christmas:
13 ornament designs for my embroidery machine.  The cool colors you see are from doing appliqué with the designs, which I haven't done before but the instructions seem pretty thorough, so you can guess what I'll be doing on January 1!

I also started a new baby sweater, 
to have a small, non-complicated project to work on when the pain meds are a bit too strong for the mohair shawl, which I'm showing rather surprising dedication toward.  I'm usually pretty flaky with mohair, but maybe masochism is one of the side effects of pain meds?  If I had known that, I might have lined up some fair isle as well....................

1 comment:

Mereknits said...

You amaze me at all you get done, even on pain meds.
Hugs,
Meredith