Friday, December 7, 2012

18,667!

The good news:  I've made some great yardage progress in the last few days.

The bad news:  This has been achieved because my back hurts and knitting is one of the few things I can do while laying on ice packs.

The good news:  I think I've figured out why my back muscles keep getting inflamed and swelling.

The bad news:  I found this out the hard way.

The good news:  Once my back feels better, I think the hip/back progress will be steady and this whole mess will soon be a thing of the past

The bad news:  That doesn't help me right now

The good news:  I have an amazing store of pain pills that DO help me right now

The bad news:  The pills also make me tired, dizzy, and slightly nauseous

The good news:  I have a simple sock project I can do while tired, dizzy, and nauseous.

The bad news:  The sock involves size 1 needles, which make very slow progress.

The good news:  I'm just a sock leg away from crossing the 19,000 mark!

The bad news:  I might fall asleep before then

The good news:  The ice pack I'm laying on will probably keep me awake to knit at least until it warms up

The bad news:  It's winter and I'm laying on an ice pack.  I may never be warm again

The good news is:  This would make it a great time to knit wool socks

The bad news is:  The current socks aren't made of wool

The good news:  All of this is temporary, and thanks to the drugs, I may not remember any of it.............

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I do hope that your back settles down once again and you can gently, yes I did say gently, get back to where you want to be.
Hopefully that made sense.
Do be careful with you back once you do get back on your feet once more.

Mereknits said...

You poor thing, you have had quite the year, you may not remember much of it sue to the meds, thank goodness you blog so you can go back and read about it.
Try to get warm,
Meredith