Thursday, November 15, 2012

This May Be A Long Year........

Today is the 15th day of the buying-ban, which I thought I was handling pretty well--and awake, I seem to be.  Last night, though, I had another nightmare.  This time I was leaving Joann Fabrics having spent over $1,000.  Besides not having that much money in my personal account in the first place, I was seriously stressed about having blown it so badly--not to mention having to find space for everything.  The weird thing is, I would have thought I'd be stressed about the lack of buying things--not stressing over blowing it by buying things.  I guess I'm really determined to do this--even on the subconscious level. 

I do wish, however, that I hadn't woken up before seeing what in the blazes I bought at Joann Fabrics for $1000!  I mean, really--how much fabric do you think that would be?  And if I'm going to keep having these sorts of nightmares, could I at least make it about cashmere or silk?

2 comments:

Mereknits said...

Toni, you crack me up. I think you put far too many restrictions on yourself, I know you have a stash of yarn and fabric to die for, I still think you may need to ease up on your restrictions especially if you are having fabric shopping nightmares!
hugs to you and sleep well tonight.
Meredith

Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

Frankly, I've had nightmares of that nature, but about yarn. Sad but true. I do think it has to do with restrictions. I mean, I avoid my new year stash count for a reason, and quite honestly, rarely ever finish the count.