Saturday, November 24, 2012

The Black Sheep Retreat

The Stashdown group on Ravelry is having a virtual "Black Sheep" retreat this week in honor of the holidays and going NOWHERE near a mall for the holiday weekend, and without officially signing up, I have pretty much been participating, thanks to a cold.  Yep, missed Thanksgiving for the second year in a row, but at least this year Andy got to join our friends for the festivities, so we're making progress.  And sleeping most of Thanksgiving Day really did help, as I now have only a slight cough and intermittent sore throat, and I think the nausea level has moved back to the general "I'm-taking-pain-pills" level, versus the "Get-out-of-my-way-if-you-know-what's-good-for-you" level, and never did get to the "please-just-let-me-die" levels of the new muscle relaxers a few weeks ago, so REALLY there is progress.  And,
a sock for next year's Christmas gift bag is in progress,
the cowl neck sweater is gaining the cowl neck, which is the last knitting on this sweater, making it close to becoming sweater number nine for the year, and towel number 11
is on Jeeves as I write this.

Normally, I would be decorating the house this weekend, but this year we've agreed that having the normal Christmas party is probably too much for me, so we are scaling back and relaxing a bit.  We'll still do the trees, but I have a friend coming to help next week, and I really am just going to do minimum decorations this year.  My back muscles are still pretty touchy, and having to pop my hip back into place aggravates them but resting too much will undo the strength building I need to keep my hip in place in the first place, so my main focus just has to be building hip muscle strength, and some days that means an hour walking in the pool followed by several hours of rest on the heating pad.  It's frustrating, but getting on top of this once and for all will make life sooooooooooo much better that I can let a lot of stuff go this year.  And spending most of the days of the holiday season at the gym cannot be a bad thing, really..........

1 comment:

Mereknits said...

I think next year you should take Thanksgiving officially off, then if you fell well you can be pleasantly surprised and join in. Hope you are feeling better soon,
Meredith