Monday, November 26, 2012

Living Dangerously

Knowing that I am on a year-long buying ban and knowing that it could be very, very dangerous, I still couldn't help myself:  I had to look at the Cyber-Monday sales at Knit Picks to see if the yarn I had recently ordered to do ornaments next year was on sale.  Why, I don't know.  Torture?  Curiosity?  Tempting fate?  But for once the Knitting Gods were on my side.  NONE of the colors I had bought were on sale.  Ha! Ha!

What I would have done if they were on sale is anyone's guess, but thankfully it didn't come to that.  I am feeling supremely smug anyway.

2 comments:

Ely said...

Good job not shopping! Just hang in there. I can tell you it's possible! I'm 18 days away from my 1 year buying-ban to end. I'm very proud of what I have accomplished, even though my family can't really notice and appreciate the difference between 'huge' and 'large' stash. The first couple of months are the most difficult ones. You keep checking updates from different dyers, the sales and the 'new yarn' pages. You will have to tear yourself away from the windows of the LYSs that you pass by, you think about the yarn you 'should have bought before the ban' and get frustrated when you find a pattern that you want to make and it would have been perfect with a yarn that you don't have or worse; you find a KAL you really-really want to do that demands a specific yarn that you are not allowed to buy. Don't worry... it will get easier and more relaxed once you've done a few projects with yarn from stash - even from the deeeeeep stash. It will surprise you how much you can actually knit without buying yarn and you might find yourself doing projects that you wanted to do years ago but never got around to. Stay strong. Knitting from stash feels much less like a chore and more like fun after a while.

Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

I love feeling smug when knitting fates attempt to interfere with my resolutions. Way to go!